People almost always answer Shakespeare, the Bible, plus some of their favorite authors when asked which five books they would bring with them to a deserted island. They're all idiots. The correct answer would be these five books:
1. The SAS Survival Handbook
2. Camping and Wilderness Survival
3. The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive
4. Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants
5. Primitive Wilderness Living and Survival Skills
All others would be kindling for your bonfire. Except maybe the bible, you could use it to roll joints.