Saturday, August 25, 2007

A new blog

I have a new blog called Business for Creatives that I put up to respond to questions my students and other people in the creative services (graphic and web designers, illustrators, photographers, etc.) keep asking regarding putting up and managing their own businesses. I think being part of a pretty successful creative business startup plus having a graduate degree in business qualifies me to do this (I can discuss both theory and practice).

Plus, it seems I'm the first one in.

There are a lot of blogs, websites, and books about the topic but most of them have a US or European perspective. There's nothing out there specifically for Filipino creatives.

There's a book or regular print column in there sometime in the future but for now there's the blog. So please check it out, ask questions, and give suggestions for future topics. I aim to post a new article every Monday, supplemented by interesting links and comments throughout the week.

Currently up there are tips on pricing, an interesting link on spam filtered words, and a case of possible trademark infringement.

No comments: