Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thank goodness for MP3 players

So I'm in Cubao doing some shopping and checking out the National Bookstore Superbranch sale. I got a great deal on some graphic novels and a few other titles I've been waiting to go on sale. It's afternoon and the usual coffeeshops are full. I wanted to sit down and write a bit so I wander and find an Italian cafe called “Volare” at Araneta Coliseum. The place serves a decent (if scant) Americano and a delicious mango cake. But the real killer was the in-house music.


Yes, they have ALL versions of “Volare.”


From Tony Bennett and Frankie Valli to various instrumental arrangements to a house mix to a frakking punk rock version. It might be worth the time to check it out just to be aware how many covers there are in existence.

No comments: